The Hume Coal Project is progressing through the NSW planning approvals process with the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) holding an online public hearing over 2 days on the 12th & 13th July 2021.
Day One: Monday 12th July 2021, starting at 10am
Day Two: Tuesday 13th July 2021, starting at 10am
(Please note: The Commission has also tentatively set aside Friday 16 July 2021 to extend the public hearing to a third day should it be necessary.)
How to Have Your Say
If you wish to apply to speak at the Public Hearing, you must complete the registration form available on the IPC website or by clicking on the link below by no later than 12pm AEST on Friday 2 July 2021. Those who are registered to speak will be provided further technical information closer to the hearing.
How to watch and/or listen to the Public Hearing
This Electronic Public Hearing will be broadcast on the Commission’s website: www.ipcn.nsw.gov.au/livestream.
The Commission will accept written comments on the Hume Coal and Berrima Rail Projects up to one week (seven days) after the hearing via email, post or their online portal: www.ipcn.nsw.gov.au/have-your-say.
Your written submission can be as long or as short as you want and can include why this project is important to you, your family and the Southern Highlands:
- Low-impact underground coal mine
- 400 full time jobs during construction
- 300 full time and well paid operational jobs
- Flow on jobs in local businesses
- Hundreds of millions in salaries and wages
- Hundreds of millions available to local businesses and suppliers
- Surface infrastructure in close proximity to the industrial hub of the Southern Highlands, serviced by existing rail and the Hume Highway
- Opportunities available to mining equipment suppliers in the Southern Highlands, Goulburn and the Illawarra
- Supply of coal to domestic consumers for production of steel, cement and energy
- Millions in royalties paid to the state government contributing to public services including hospitals, roads, rail, schools and emergency services.
Don’t delay – tell the IPC today!