Go to www.ipcn.nsw.gov.au/have-your-say and let the Independent Planning Commission (IPC) know why you want the Hume Coal project to proceed.
Submissions must be in before Wednesday 6 March 2019.
Your written submission can be as long or as short as you want and can include why this project is important to you, your family and the Southern Highlands:
- Low-impact underground coal mine
- 400 full time jobs during construction
- 300 full time and well paid operational jobs
- Flow on jobs in local businesses
- Hundreds of millions in salaries and wages
- Hundreds of millions available to local businesses and suppliers
- Surface infrastructure in close proximity to the industrial hub of the Southern Highlands, serviced by existing rail and the Hume Highway
- Opportunities available to mining equipment suppliers in the Southern Highlands, Goulburn and the Illawarra
- Supply of coal to domestic consumers for production of steel, cement and energy
- Millions in royalties paid to the state government contributing to public services including hospitals, roads, rail, schools and emergency services.
Don’t delay – tell the IPC today!