Hume Coal has a responsibility to help the community in which it operates to achieve its goals, and is supporting initiatives which provide both immediate and long-term benefits.
Particular emphasis has been given to maximising the project’s direct benefits to the local community.
Our Community Investment Program includes both the Hume Coal Charitable Foundation and the Hume Coal Apprenticeship Program which have already commenced, policies to maximise recruitment of locals and the use of local businesses.
We have a comprehensive program of consultation and engagement, designed to exceed best-practice guidelines, including, but not limited to the following:
- Community Shop – located on the main street of Berrima Village (currently open by appointment)
- Community newsletters and project updates – published in the local newspaper, available at the community shop or via our mailing list and website
- Hume Coal Charitable Foundation
- Hume Coal Apprenticeship Program
- Hume Coal Corporate Scholarship Program (via UOW)
- Community Information Sessions and briefings to stakeholders
- Face-to-face meetings with landholders and local community members
- Facts sheets
- Media releases
Our Community Liaison team is also available to answer any questions you might have about the project or about our Community Investment Program.